Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Grand Adventure/Prelude

Last year we decided we wanted to take a road trip w/the T@B (our clamshell camper)  out to the Grand Canyon.  

The T@B
   The planning process began about 6 months ago because I've heard if you want to go, get your reservations early!  I downloaded a GC guide on my Kindle & used it to iron out the details.  Our limited camping experience told us we wanted to stay at the Mather Campground rather than the area more geared towards RVers. I was able to look at individual sites online & make a selection.  The rest of the trip was built around this. 

   Many years ago I took the same trip with my parents & Miles so we just retraced our steps but this time in a camper. We also invited our friend & fellow camping enthusiast Bryon to join us.   So here is the itenerary;

Day 1 - Alburqueque, NM
Day 2 - Flagstaff, AZ
Days 3 thru 5 - Grand Canyon
Day 6 - Holbrook, AZ
Days 7 thru 8 - Santa FE, NM



   I don't like to alert people when we are out of town so this will be a retro-blog.  I will write as if it's happening now.  Tune in tomorrow to read about Albuquerque & the Enchanted Trails RV Park!

No comments:

Post a Comment