Saturday, July 21, 2012

It's My Party & I'll Kayak If I Want To!!!

This week was my birthday.  Last night a group of friends & family went out to Lake Hefner for a fun night of kayaking.                    

Christopher & Andrea, David & John & Ernesto & me on our way to the lake

Jamie & Mom ready to paddle
 Of course it was amillion degrees out so I was a little nervous if we would just get out & cook in the little plastic boats.
Why I love life jackets!

 But, happily once we launched the temperature seemed to drop significantly & there was a slight breeze.  We spent two happy hours on the water with our guide, Adam, from OKC Kayaks.  (Ok, another crappy picture disclaimer, the phone was in a baggie to protect it from water.)
The Flotilla


Christopher & Andrea

Jamie, Adam & me

We know how to have fun!


La Mama!!

John & David


The big treat of course was the sunset.  We paddled over to the east side, near Stars & Stripes Park, turned our bows (we had a brief lesson on boat anatomy before we began) to face west & enjoyed the show.

 OkC Kayak is out @ Lake Hefner Tuesday evenings for a social paddle.  You can call & let them know you are coming & they'll bring a boat out for you.  I spent some time searching their website & it seems they organize trips too.  Currently they are in Alaska & earlier in the season they went to Greece.  I, for one will be keeping an eye on their future destinations!!!

 OKC Kayaks-235-2925 - www.okckayak.com

No comments:

Post a Comment