Monday, September 24, 2012

One Step Closer to Living the Dream

It began with a sketch (not to scale!!!)  We made some changes on site but this is basically what we built.  & when I say "we"  I mean Ernesto!!!
Hey Friends, it's been a while.  Thank you for following us on our odyssey out West.  As much as I love to get away, it seems like when we return it takes a bit to get back up to speed at home.  We returned to 110 plus degree temps so it was a huge effort just to keep things alive in the garden til the cool down.  About a month ago we decided to undertake the first of a couple of structures we are planning for the Wayback.  I give you Papi's Cantina;

Here is what we started with, our storage unit with a big blank spot beside it & adjacent to the pool.


Setting posts
Posts set

Site inspector

Roof going on






Rafters


Corrogated metal roof & we clad the storage unit to match

A little bit of heaven!!!
We still have much to do but I can already tell Papi's Cantina is going to be one of our favorite hang-outs.  When we remodelled our kitchen a few years ago we saved our old cabinets & countertops.  Our good friend Alain @ La Baguette is redoing some cabinets there & passed on a countertop too.  So when that's all installed I'll post an update.

8 comments:

  1. Looks great, you all! Only request: post more photos of Ernesto shirtless!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea. I love it! Ernesto too, but I have no problem with shirt wearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret. I don't understand how this stuff works and dont know why I cant just use my name and photo that I opened account with. Dont have time or patience but love your blog, you, Ernesto (with or without shirt) and all of the stuff that you do. It's a GOOD LIFE!

      Delete